The frigate Thetis reaches Algiers and leaves its companion, the “present ship” Laurentius, there.
- Peder Pavels: Reisejournal 1796-1797, Ms.8º 709, Manuscript Department, the National Library, Oslo – copy in Thorvaldsens Museum, p. 20.
- Ship’s secretary H.A. Schmidt: Diary Kept at the Journey to Algier and other Places with the Frigate Thetis, the physical archive at Thorvaldsens Museum, p. 40-43.
- Letter dated 13.2.1797 from Thorvaldsen to the Academy of Fine Arts.
- Thiele I, p. 60.
- C.F. Wandel, Danmark og Barbareskerne, 1746-1845, Copenhagen 1919, p. 75 (arrived 26.10.1796).
- Related Article: The Journey to Italy 1796-1797
Last updated 10.05.2020