Not earlier than 16.8.1819
Visits Johann Heinrich von Dannecker’s studio in Stuttgart.
- Report dated 26.8.1819 in Leipziger Zeitung (documents the exact date of arrival in Stuttgart).
- Thiele III, p. 9 (mentions that Thorvaldsen went to Dannecker’s studio almost immediately after his arrival in Stuttgart).
- Passport dated 6.7.1819 issued by P.O. Brøndsted to Thorvaldsen (stamped and dated in Stuttgart on the day of departure 21.8.1819).
- Travel expenses of July-October 1819 of J.L. Lund (the date can be deduced from this).
- Christian von Holst: Johann Christian Dannecker, Der Bildhauer, Stuttgart 1987, p. 11.
- H. G. Söderbaum (ed.), Jöns Jacob Berzelius, Själfbiografiska anteckningar, Stockholm 1901, p. 317 (from which it appears that the date of Thorvaldsen’s visit cannot have been before August 10).
- Related Article: The Journey to Denmark, July-October 1819
Last updated 21.05.2020