The Thorvaldsens Museum Archives

Back to 1829

31.3.1829

Thorvaldsen’s “museum” opens as part of the recently renovted Antiksal at Charlottenborg.

Primary sources

  • C.F. Hansen presents drawings for the renovation of the Antiques Hall to the Fellows of the Academy of Fine Arts, cf. the proceedings of the Academy dated 31.1.1827, the Danish National Archives.
  • C.F. Hansen presents drawings for the renovation of the Antiques Hall to the Fellows of the Academy of Fine Arts, cf. the proceedings of the Academy dated 9.7.1828, the Danish National Archives.
  • Letter dated 12.4.1829 from N.C.L. Abrahams to Thorvaldsen.
  • Letter dated 25.4.1829 from Hermann Ernst Freund to Thorvaldsen.
  • Letter dated 4.5.1829 from Christian Horneman to Thorvaldsen.

Other references

Last updated 07.01.2019