Presumably January 1811 - August 1811
Cupid Holding a Butterfly to Hurt it with an Arrow, statue, marble, location unknown. Commissioned by Theodor von Hahn. Only known from Mori, op. cit.
- Contract dated 20.8.1809 between von Hahn and Thorvaldsen (the statue is to be finished within one year).
- Ferdinando Mori: Le statue e li bassirelievi inventati e scolpiti in marmo dal cavaliere Alberto Thorwaldsen scultore danese, Rome 1811, pl. 28.
- Letter dated 18.6.1811 from Christian Daniel Rauch to Caroline von Humboldt states that the carving was begun in January 1811 and had not been completed by June 1811.
- Original model executed spring 1807.
- Thiele 1831, p. 113 (the statue was shipped to Courland).
Last updated 20.05.2019