Not earlier than 26.11.1840
Christian 4., A152, is cast in bronze and chased by Jørgen Dalhoff.
- Christian (8.) Frederik’s diary dated 26.11.1840 (“was shown C 4 statue cast [in plaster]”).
- Letter dated 1.9.1841 from C.F. Wilckens to Thorvaldsen (“King Christian 4 statue cast in metal”).
- Letter dated 23.12.1841 from Christian (8.) Frederik to Thorvaldsen (“The casting of C IV statue is very successful”).
- Letter dated 14.1.1842 from Just Mathias Thiele to Thorvaldsen (“Chr 4.’s statue has been cast, and the chasing is progressing rapidly”).
- Letter dated 15.2.1842 from Thorvaldsen to Christian (8.) Frederik (“I have been very pleased to hear that the casting of Christian 4.s statue is so successful.
- Rigmor Stampe (ed.): Baronesse Stampes Erindringer om Thorvaldsen, Copenhagen 1912, p. 62-63, 65.
Last updated 11.12.2018